A celebration of local reliance in the pursuit of good clean and fair food.
Thursday, 10th December 2020
6:30pm for 7pm start
Golden Pig Restaurant & Cooking School
38 Ross St
2020 has been quite a year. The drought and bushfires that shocked Australia early in the year were trumped by a global pandemic. It is year that challenged us all and made us think more deeply about our food supply chains. Somehow amongst the chaos and uncertainty small farmers, makers, producers and educators have been nimble enough to pivot and keep their humour and business while maintaining their values and commitment to good, clean and fair food. Our Terra Madre dinner will be a celebration of reliance and community.
Dinner will be a banquet with a modern Pan Asian twist developed to showcase ethically sourced quality products by Katrina Ryan, celebrated chef and owner of The Golden Pig.
Please join us as Brisbane Slow Food Snails will share their stories of reliance.
- Ma hor- sticky fried peanuts and coconut with pineapple
- Smoked duck breast, sticky tamarind sauce and grapefruit on betel leaf
- Scallops with miso butter and perilla
- Salt & pepper quail with pickled fennel & ginger, sesame mayo
- Pork & chive dumplings with dry chilli and Sichuan pepper sauce
- Sweet and spicy Korean crunchy fried chicken with peanuts ( Lilydale free range)
- Braised Chinese red rice pork belly, red dates & ginger ( Victorian free range)
- NZ Ora King Salmon with chilli coconut sambal ( sustainably grown)
- Javanese salad with chilli candlenut dressing
- Jasmine rice
- Coconut Mousse with turmeric and ginger poached pear, peanut & coconut brittle